As part of my education about the Chinese New Year through my studies of Feng Shui, I learned to “PAY ATTENTION” to what I do on the actual day the Chinese New Year starts; for it is said that “Whatever you do on the First Day of the Chinese New Year, you will do MORE of it throughout the year!” Also, I now plan what I want for the upcoming year to take advantage of this powerful new energy, especially this year, which is the Year of the Yang Wood Horse.
Giving some thought to “What do I want more of in my life this next year?” is an interesting question. I’d love a clean house, but I don’t want to be cleaning all the time, so I planned ahead to have the New Year start off with a clean house by cleaning last weekend. I’d love to read more; I’d love to stay better connected to friends; I’d love to spend quality time with family; I want to take better care of myself – both from the rest and relaxation perspective as well as the physical activities.
So this is how I spent my day to include some of the many areas of my life on which I want to focus. This is in no particular order, just how I was able to fit everything in that’s important. And, the day isn’t over.
- Enjoyed a movie I love
- danced, sang, laughed and cried
- grieved the loss of several friends’ loved ones who have passed today or recently (it is surprising to me just how many I found out about today (6 and hopefully not anymore!)
- signed a contract for a new venue to do my “Balance, Order & Beauty: Feng Shui for the Woman’s Soul” events
- paid bills before they were due
- had money automatically deposited into my business checking account from online sales
- deposited checks into the business checking account from yesterday’s “Balance, Order and Beauty: Feng Shui for the Woman’s Soul” event
- paid myself!
- read parts of a good book
- was uplifted by a friend’s comment about me
- put money in my savings account; ate organic food
- went out to eat at one of my favorite restaurants
- ate one of my favorite dishes
- nurtured both cats
- was nurtured by both cats
- connected with several friends
- arranged several consultations
- took pictures of realtor’s house that SOLD where I did Feng Shui clearing
- went to see progress of a house I did Feng Shui on when it was in “blueprint” stage and setting up time for a “Home Blessing” since they will be moving in shortly
- paid my State Board of Equalization taxes ON TIME, symbolic of paying all bills and filing all business forms on or before due
- writing, especially my blog
- returned today’s emails & phone calls
- washed my hair
- returned item to friend
- went for a long hike
- Spending quality time with Hilory
- AND MOST STRATEGIC of all, I paid off TWO – not just one – credit card, symbolic of becoming debt-free sooner!
And the day isn’t over yet!
Wow! What a day!
So – what did you do today? If the adage is correct that what you do today – the first day of the Chinese New Year – you will manifest more of the same this upcoming year, what’s this year going to look like for you?
Other than so many loved ones passing, I personally can’t wait for all these activities to continue happening throughout the year!