Last New Year’s Eve I started a tradition by doing a Home Blessing in my own home.
I’m always so busy helping others clean the negative energy from their homes and set the correct energetics for their desired life outcomes, I sometimes find myself too tired to do my own home.
It’s like “the cobbler’s children have no shoes” in that the Feng Shui Home Blessing Master has a less-than-desireable-energy house. Not any more! I stay on top of the situation now!
Clear the Home of Negative Energy
Hence, this week you would find me cleaning the house by dusting and vacuuming (even under the beds and behind the heavy pieces of furniture), sorting through things, ridding my house of all things broken or no longer used, rearranging and organizing each room, using up leftovers and cleaning the refrigerator and clearing the home of unwanted, old and negative energy. (For more on this, check the previous post and future posts for the Chinese New Year.)
I’m lucky I have specific tools to use to clear the unwanted, old and negative energies. I call them Land Clearing Tools. I’ve gathered them from around the world during my training to be Masters of Feng Shui and Space Clearing. These are powerful tools used to shake loose, move and disperse energy. Even with these tools it takes several hours to move and change the energy.
Home Blessing Tips
If you want to do a Home Blessing yourself, here are some guidelines:
- Go through your home and office with a discerning eye. Remove ALL objects you don’t love. Remove everything that is broken or in need of repair.
- Locate and create a “Sacred Space” on a table or counter. Place a special cloth, placemat or table cloth on table or counter large enough to create an altar about three feet wide by four or five feet long. This will depend on how much space you can on the counter and how large your home is. Typically I need about five feet for a 10-14 room home.
- Place on this cloth or around it any bells or chimes you might have. Add any essential oils in spray bottles you would like to use to freshen and infuse the air. Have about 4-6 small dishes of salt you can place throughout the home for a few days. Gather small plates – one for each room in the home. Place a tea candle in a metal shell in the center. Place flower heads around the candle, but not touching it since it could catch fire and burn.
- Find any sacred objects you would like to decorate or add to the altar.
- When everything is on the altar, light the candles.
- Methodically go through your home with each item one-at-a-time. For instance, go through the house with just a bell. Then go through the house with just an essential oil. Then go through the home with the chime. Then place one of the plates with the lit candle in each room. If the candle goes out when you are transporting it, just relight it.
- Continue this process until you either feel the energy shift or you feel you want to end the ceremony. If you can, leave the plates with the candles in place until the candles burn themselves out.
- Be sure to give thanks and think loving thoughts the whole time you are doing this process.
If you’d like me to help you, contact me.
Please share your personal experiences in Home Blessings in the comment section below.