Feng Shui is a powerful tool you can use to change your life. As I wrote in the Power to Change book, we’re talking about vibration when we talk about Feng Shui and everything has a vibration. When you move one object, you change the vibration of the room; this, in turn, changes the vibration of the home, thus changing the vibration in which you live each and every day. This changed environment’s new vibration – when done correctly – changes your personal vibration.
So what are you waiting for? Don’t you want the vibration of your home to support you in manifesting all the dreams you hold in your heart? It’s rather easy. Depending what is going on in your life and what you want out of your life, it just takes a little time and focused attention.
Here are the Top Ten Tips to Thrive This Thanksgiving (and holiday) season:
- Tortoise Backing – Make sure to place something made from the earth (tile, marble, cement) in the middle section of the back of your home. This gives the vibration of support to you in life as well as supporting you financially.
- Trees and Plants – Have trees, or at least one houseplant, on the east side of your home to create the vibration of health and vitality. Plants equate to Yang energy – the larger the plant, the stronger the chí.
- Tiger Energy – Tiger energy equates to nurturing energy, Yin energy. Have lots of pillows, a blanket throw or overstuffed furniture in which to snuggle; or play music to soothe your soul.
- Thresholds – Clean and beautify every entry into your home, especially the front door. Polish the handles, oil the hinges and sweep away the debris. Get a special front door mat to celebrate the holiday season. Elevate the energy between the two worlds to acknowledge the transition from outdoors to inside!
- Target Organizing – Clutter stops the flow of chí in and around your home. Even if you don’t have time to clear everything, target certain areas. As part of my Clutter Busting program (look under “Events”), I can tell you where to focus your attention to support health, wealth or whatever else is a challenge in your life.
- Technology – There’s a saying in our society, “High Tech, High Touch!” With so many electronic devices in our lives, the chances are you have “technology overload” in one or more areas of your home. “Unplug” if you can – any time, any thing and any place possible. The Electro Magnetic Field (EMF) energy created by many electronic items has been linked to serious health issues and often cause disharmony in homes.
- Transformers – There are a couple different transformers – those associated with electronic devices (mentioned above); and, from Feng Shui, the Five Elements also are known as transformers. Plan to have all Five Elements within your home. The Five Elements are: wood, fire, earth, metal and water. (I’ll write more about these over the next few weeks.)
- Tune Your Space – Change the energy of you home by “tuning” it. You literally can use TUNES – the sound of a drum or piano, or by removing the energetic debris on your floors by sweeping, vacuuming or washing them. Use some essential oils in the water or vacuum to infuse the home with the vibration of the plants’ essence.
- Trust Your Instinct – You know when something isn’t right in your home. The sound isn’t as clear; accidents seem to occur or things seem to go wrong; there are more water leaks or computer issues; children or pets seem to misbehave; or lots of light bulbs go out all at once. Put your focus on your home and ask for clarity as to the next step you need to take to clear the space and create more harmony in your home.
- Thankfulness – An attitude of gratitude is one of the most powerful tools you have to raise the energy of your home. Focus on all the wonderful things you have in your life: family, friends, health, a roof over your head, food to eat and clothes to wear. Show your home and your family your appreciation by giving it – and them – Tender Loving Care. Say blessings and thank yous!
If you have any questions about the above list, contact me. Join me for the Clutter Busting program to gain knowledge about how clutter affects our lives in 22 different ways PLUS have support, structure, and accountability to clear it and get organized!
Thriving at this time of year sometimes can be challenging. Your home can support you with your desires for a reduction in stress and more harmonious home. Follow these ten T’s in your home to energetically set the stage for a successful season of celebrations!