What do you need for a sacred space? Awareness and intention!
A sacred space can be something as simple as a single rose in a vase or a spiritual icon. It could be a vortex of energy on this earth, like you find in the Sedona area of Arizona. Sometimes it is a moment in time when you feel that wonderful shiver up your spine when your body, mind and spirit are in alignment with your life purpose.
Is there a way you can create a sacred space? Here are a few tips in the “secret sauce” to creating sacred spaces:
- Clean the space of clutter and dirt
- Gather some candles
- Bring items from nature into the mix
- Flowers are a bonus due to color, beauty and fragrance
- Musical instruments for sound vibration – bells and singing bowls are especially wonderful
- Have a special cloth you use – it could be a towel, scarf or material specially made for sacred events
- Essential oils and aromatherapy
- Pieces of the earth, like rocks, crystals, shells and fossils
- Holy water
- White sage
- Lavender seeds, petals or wands
- Now, bring them all together to create an altar
I’ll share more ideas and steps in the secret sauce to sacred spaces soon.