Spring has officially started and with that there are several things we can do to create fresh energy in our homes, thus moving the desired energy we want to fill our lives using Feng Shui principles. I’ve shared some of these with you as part of the Chinese New Year celebration. If you haven’t read those, please click here.
In Northern California, where I live, we have had gorgeous, warm weather for several months. (Yes, we are concerned about the drought). Spending time outdoors, there is a tendency to ignore the needs of the home inside. But knowing the house is a symbolic model for our body, cleansing is a good thing to do this time of year.
Here’s a list of 5 things to do to change the old energy and improve your life.
- Clean around all the doors. They are the main location where energy enters the home. Sweep up the leaves. Pull the weeds from around the walkways leading up to the doors. Wash off the door and polish the handles. Oil the hinges.
- Windows may be the eyes to the soul and in Feng Shui they are literally our eyes. It’s time to clean the windows to let the sun shine in. Washing off the screen will allow FRESH air to enter more easily. It also improves the visibility. I can’t tell you how much more light enters my rooms after cleaning mine! We’ve done a lot of remodeling, so the construction dust has clogged the screens. It’s extremely freeing and uplifts the home with the crisper views and fresh air.
- Get rid of any catalogs you have left from the holiday shopping frenzy. This is LAST YEAR’S ENERGY! We don’t want to keep any more of the Year of the Horse energy around. It is too wild and scattered. We are creating a year of comfort, compassion and peace for our families. Shopping is not an integral part of this Sheep year’s energy.
- According to this year’s Yearly Animal Feng Shui, several locations receive tremendous benefits from fresh flowers. And who doesn’t enjoy fresh flowers? Here’s the Year of the Sheep link to find out more for only $36 instead of the website price of $97.
- Spring cleaning is something most of us do just because it feels so much better. In Feng Shui, there is additional meaning behind many of the tasks we perform. Cleaning bathrooms supports our health. Vacuum under the beds to get a good night’s sleep (and please don’t store anything under the bed). Remove clutter from the center part of the house to reduce stress, improve heart function and bring more love into the home, infusing family members with this heart-felt energy.
This might take a little while to do. Yet every little change you make will exponentially improve the quality and vitality of your home and your life!