Here it comes! The Chinese or Lunar New Year starts on February 1, 2022
Year of the Water Tiger 2022!
There are a number of things you can do to prepare your home and life for the Chinese New Year in order to have the best energy before it starts on February 1, 2022. Some are Feng Shui principles, while others are from a variety of traditions. I’ve incorporated these myself for 22+ years with amazing results.
- Clean your home thoroughly
- Pay off your debts (or at least pay off a credit card or two if you can)
- Get rid of emails, catalogs, magazines and newspapers from last year
- Go through mail, getting rid of all junk mail, “special” offers, etc.
- Plan to have fresh linens to put on your bed on January 31st
- Don’t plan to do any work on February 1st – that means no cooking, housework, going into your workplace, etc.
- Only do on February 1st things you want to do for the next year (hiking, photography, journal, do a podcast, read a book, play, travel, time with family/friends, have fun, be inspired)
- Get rid of leftovers
- Clean your refrigerator
Some of these are self-explanatory, yet I like to give you insights to help you get a better grasp on energy and how it works. The my next blog I will have some interesting stories to help you visualize these.
Gung Hay Fat Choy!
Happy Chinese New Year!