Does it seem as though one year flows into the next without any sizable changes happening – even though you want change?!!! Think you’ve tried everything to make a better life for yourself? Wonder how others seem to achieve success (however you define it) and, yet, you aren’t reaching your desired dreams and lifestyle?
Until a few years ago I had often felt that way about my life. I think of myself as a GOOD person, yet I didn’t have the finances, health, and respect I felt I deserved. Then several things happened.
One that had a major impact on my life is most appropriate to learn and follow RIGHT NOW!!! It has to do with how I start the New Year. I’ve never been one for writing down resolutions. That’s just not how I plan, process, and produce in my life.
Maybe you are like me – a more “go-with-the-flow” type of woman. I believe in a Higher Power, intention, and intuition!
What happened for me was the conscious setting of intention through rituals I choose that have meaning to me. Many have come from the Chinese culture and their traditions for preparing for, and honoring, the New Year. I’m not saying you have to follow ALL the cultural aspects. Just pick one or several that speak to your heart or sense of purpose.
They all have to do with ENERGY! Everything is energy!
Imagine the type of energy in these situations:
- You picked up takeout at the fast-food drive thru where they are understaffed, plus the food is processed to keep it edible longer. By the time you get home it is cold. Instead of reheating at this time, you put some of it in the fridge to have later on.
- Arriving home from a trip – or long day at work – you find a beautiful meal prepared by a loved one with your favorite beverage and music playing in the background.
- After spending hours working on a project and expecting to be paid for your services, the client or employer says they don’t have the money to pay you.
- When you open your email you find a notice from your bank, Venmo, or PayPal showing a check has been paid to you or an invoice has been PAID IN FULL.
How do each of these make you feel? What is the ENERGY you think is surrounding the food, the money, or the mental and emotional health you’re experiencing in each situation?
These are just two of the examples I have shared in social media recently as things to do to improve the START OF THE NEW YEAR:
- Remove/toss any leftover food from the refrigerator, and
- Pay off, or reduce, your debts.
In my next post I’ll share more traditions, thoughts, and things to consider doing in preparation for the Chinese Lunar New Year – the Year of the Rabbit – which starts on January 22, 2023.
Be sure to sign up to receive blog post notices as to not miss any of them.