How Nature Created Sacred Spaces in My Life Today
Inspired by a picture of a beautiful cloud formation in the form of an angel, I looked around my home today for various ways nature has created sacred spaces in my life. I realized many of the spaces were “sacred” due to the rituals of celebration and memories I have associated with the objects.
I have created “Sacred Spaces” each time I give thanks for the item or area through the blessings of gratitude I feel when I see them. The joy of fruits and flowers along with memories brought to mind by each of these has made this day a sacred space both inside and out.
Has someone given you a plant? Did you purchase something in celebration of a special occasion? Does an object or unique food remind you of “good” experiences in your life? Each of these situations could be a stimulus for creating a sacred space.
Here are several examples I found in just 5-10 minutes:
To make the area a “sacred” area, simply give the item and area some TLC (Tender Loving Care or Total Light Ceremony). Here is one way I often use:
1. Look at the item.
2. Hold it in your hands or touch it.
3. Visualize the time when it became yours – was given to you or you bought it.
4. Remember what you felt at that time – joy, surprise, gratitude, appreciated, etc.
5. Verbally say a prayer or blessing expressing the FEELING you experienced at that time – joy, surprise, gratitude, etc.
6. With an “attitude of gratitude,” consciously be “in the moment” with the item or location as you expand the energy of these feelings to include all that surrounds you.
7. With “soft eyes” gaze around you to see the space in a softer, more gentle manner.
Take a few moments to go around your home and acknowledge the “special” items and areas within it. And while you you’re at it, take note of any item that brings sadness or any other “downer” energy. These may be items to consider removing from your home or areas where your “focused attention with a clear POSITIVE INTENTION” could be placed to increase the vitality and sanctity of your home to improve your life.