Wind Chimes are used a lot in Feng Shui as an activator to stimulate energy, actually shaking up and dispersing negative energy while attracting good energy. Often I’m asked specifics as to the correct placement for the wind chimes. Should they be on the left side or the right side of the door?
Since there are a dozen different schools of Feng Shui, there can be almost as many different answers to this question. Let me give you some guidelines for placing your wind chimes:
- Place them as close to the front door as is easily done without blocking the door itself.
- It is fine to have them by other doors as well.
- If you can’t place it easily outside, try to find a place inside – either on the door itself or as close to it as possible.
- If you have a backyard, patio or balcony, place a wind chime close to the back door in that area.
- If you live in a windy area, please be respectful of your neighbors by placing them in such a way that a prevailing wind does not make them chime constantly or at a time when your neighbors are trying to sleep.
- A couple of schools of Feng Shui – Flying Star and Yearly Animal Feng Shui – have locations requesting wind chimes in specific areas. These vary according to the direction the front door faces (Flying Star Feng Shui) and the compass direction in which the room lies (Animal Year Feng Shui).
- In Animal Year Feng Shui, the wind chime specified is to be a 6-rod (hollow rod) metal chime. In flying Start Feng Shui, the type of wind chime just needs to be metal.
These are just a few of the main guidelines for the correct placement of wind chimes for deterring negative energy, attracting good energy and stimulating an area of stuck energy.
I have brought a 5 rod wind chime for my home . But problem is that its not making sound. but when we hold by hand it starts making sound .I have seen wind chimes making sound with or without wind.but i dont understand i checked my product its perfect , we have hunged in our front veranda and how could it wont work … this means my house surrounded with negative energy?
No, it doesn’t mean your house is surrounded by negative energy. It just means there isn’t enough wind to make it move on a regular basis. Ring it when you can and picture your desired outcomes in life when you do.